Friday, December 3, 2010

Despite it all, I'm still knitting

It just occured to me that I haven't posted about knitting in quite a while. Well, even though I've been crazy busy, I'm still making time to knit. I can't really concentrate on anything more complicated than a basic 2x2 ribbed sock, but I'd probably go crazy without it.

I can't give a lot of details about what I've been knitting, because it's been mostly Christmas presents for my family. I decided to knit lots of Christmas presents this year because I know that they'll be appreciated. In fact, one was even specifically requested! :)

It started a few months back with one gift. As I knitted it, I thought about how much I care about that person, and the joy she has brought to my life. Then I realized that if I really commited to it, I could probably knit gifts for lots of people that I care about. It's a bit a of drive to visit my family, so I see them just a handful of times each year. If I could knit something for each of them, they'd have a little reminder that I think of them.

And now it's December and I'm making really great progress. Worst case scenario, I give a few gifts that consist of one lovely sock, and a note stating "IOU one lovely sock." Let's hope it doesn't come to that!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for my one sock - it's really great! Now I just need to keep my other foot from feeling jealous...

    ReplyDelete