Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Blocking Red Hot Mountain


As promised, I have pictures of the stole! Here it is before blocking. You can still see the pattern, but the edging is completely hidden because the sides curl in. It's about 13 inches wide and 57 inches long.



And here it is blocking. Now you can really see what the pattern looks like, including the edging. With it all stretched out on my blocking board its about 22 inches wide and 63 inches long. That's smaller than the pattern (26" x 72"), but it just wouldn't stretch any further. I'm still satisfied with the size though.


Now I just have wait patiently for it to dry before I can really see the final result.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It's beautiful. You did a great job with blocking it out, too... edges can be so tricky!

    ReplyDelete